NeighborWorks® HomeOwnership Center
"I wish I heard about TRIP BEFORE I bought my house!"
We hear this so many times, don't let this be you! TRIP's goal is educate & empower homebuyers so they know what to expect.
Most homebuyers will buy 1 or 2 homes in their life; we do this EVERY DAY!
Our homeownership advisors are highly trained and able to help you navigate the hombuying process with less headaches!
Q: Where do I Start?
A: Attend a Homebuyer Orientation!
We'll give you an introduction of what to expect when buying a home, AND
We also go over the qualifications for our downpayment assistance and matched savings programs as well as what's involved in our Pre-Purchase Program.
Check our Calendar of Events for the next scheduled Orientation!
After attending a Homebuyer Orientation,
you will schedule a personal appointment with one of our homeownership advisors.
At this appointment, we'll assess your starting point, help you to establish your goals and expectations, and what steps you'll need to take to acheive your goal of homeownership.
This can include but is not limited to:
- approximately how much of a mortgage will a bank approve you based on income, assets, credit score, & debts;
- how much would that monthly mortgage payment be, and how that fits with your monthly budget;
- Would a bank approve you for a mortgage based on your credit history and current debts;
- Comparing mortgage products;
- Are you income eligible for any down payment assistance;
Copyright 2007 Troy Rehabilitation & Improvement Program (TRIP) Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without authorization.